– Recipe serves 10
– Serving size: About 8 chips and 1/3 cup salsa
– Calories: 119 per serving
- 8 whole-wheat tortillas
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon cinnamon
For fruit salsa:
- 3 cups diced fresh fruit, such as apples, oranges, kiwi, strawberries, grapes, mangos, peaches or other fresh fruit
- 2 tablespoons sugar-free jam, any flavor
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Cut each tortilla into 10 wedges. Lay pieces on two baking sheets. Make sure they aren’t overlapping. Spray the tortilla pieces with cooking spray or brush with melted butter
- In a small bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle evenly over the tortilla wedges. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the pieces are crisp. Place on a cooling rack and let cool.
- Cut the fruit into cubes. Gently mix the fruit together in a mixing bowl. In another bowl, whisk together jam, honey and orange juice. Pour this over the diced fruit. Mix gently. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours. If you are using black berries, you will want to stir them in at the last minute so they don’t dye the whole salsa.