Who knew… a chocolate cake that’s HEALTHY!
This recipe makes 1 cake.
- 1 cup cooked black beans (or 1400g/14oz can of black beans, drained)
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 heaping tablespoons of cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate (70%)
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee or 1 espresso shot
- 1/2 vanilla pod, scraped
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Juice and zest from 1/2 orange
- a pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees, or 275 Celcius
- in a blender, combine all of the ingredients, except the dark chocolate. Blend until it is smooth and free of any lumps.
- Pour the batter into a parchment lined laof pan. And yes the batter is very liquid0y. Chop the dark chocolate and spread it across the surface. Some of the chunks should fall into the batter, or else help it with a spoon, in order to get the chocolate inside the cake as well.
- Bake the cake for approximately 35 minutes, and set a side to cool completely before removing it from the pan.
Fun Fact: if you cut the loaf into 13 pieces, every piece is only 100 kcal! Or, you can simply add some berries of your choice to the top… yumm!