- 5-6 large carrots
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- ½ to 1 teaspoon chipotle powder
- 1 cup Kamut
- 1 avocado
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Cilantro, for topping
- Preheat oven to 350˚.
- Cover Kamut with water and bring to a boil. Let cook until Kamut is tender, roughly an hour*. Drain and set aside.
- Cut carrots into ½” slices. Toss with two teaspoons of olive oil and ½ teaspoons chipotle powder (add more for a hotter dish). Roast for 20-25 minutes or until carrots are tender.
- While carrots roast, remove avocado from skin and dice into large pieces.
- Toss together kamut, roasted carrots, avocado, and sunflower seeds. Whisk together olive oil, honey, and lime juice. Drizzle over kamut and lightly toss. Serve with a sprinkle of cilantro.
*Notes* It is recommend to soak Kamut before cooking preferably overnight. This will cut down on cooking time.