For the Chicken
- 1 cup buttermilk (I’ve read half milk and half yogurt works in place of buttermilk)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast, pounded to even thickness, cut into strips
- 2 cups whole wheat breadcrumbs
- Olive oil, for drizzling
For the Dressing
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons 2% Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoons chives, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1. Heat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with a wire rack. Combine buttermilk, mustard, salt, and cayenne in a nonreactive dish. Dip chicken in mixture and transfer to dish with breadcrumbs, pressing to coat. Transfer to baking sheet. Drizzle with oil. Bake until golden and chicken is cooked through, about 16 minutes. Season with salt.
2. Meanwhile, combine buttermilk, yogurt, chives, and salt in a bowl for dressing. (Add 1 Tbsp. crumbled blue cheese, if desired.)
3. Serve chicken with dressing, celery, romaine hearts, and hot sauce.