Did you have too many Easter treats this past weekend? This is a great way to recuperate!
- 2 heads broccoli (1 bunch), stems removed
- 1 head cauliflower, stems removed
- 2.5 cups shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 cup currants
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 4-6 tbsp fresh lemon juice, to taste
- kosher salt, pepper to taste (1/4-1/2 tsp salt and lots of pepper)
- kelp granules or Herbamare (optional), to taste
- Pure maple syrup, to drizzle on before serving
1. In a food processor (or chop by hand) process the broccoli (no stems) until fine. Add into large bowl.
2. Now process the cauliflower (no stems) until fine and add into bowl. Do the same with the carrots.
3. Stir in the sunflower seeds, currants, raisins, and parsley. Add lemon juice and seasonings to taste.
4. Drizzle with maple syrup to taste.
Note: I saved the stems for a stir-fry later on in the week.