You don’t have to soak these dried beans overnight!
- 1 onion, peeled and halved
- 2 cups dry pinto beans, rinsed
- ½ fresh jalapeno or other hot pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¾ teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- One big pinch of cumin
- 6 cups water
- Combine all ingredients in slow cooker.
- Cook on high for 8 hours or overnight while you are sleeping.
- Remove the bigger onion chunks and drain the excess liquid. If desired, save excess liquid until the final product is desired consistency.
- Mash remaining beans with a potato masher and voila! You have homemade refried beans.