- 1 (500g) bag frozen shelled edamame (equal to 3 cups thawed/drained)
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 3-4 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup tahini (stir well before measuring)
- 2-4 tbsp water, to thin as needed (I used 3T)
- 1/2-1 tsp fine grain sea salt, or to taste (I used 3/4 tsp)
- 1/4 tsp ground coriander seeds, optional
- 1/8th tsp cayenne pepper, optional
- To garnish: smoked paprika, freshly ground black pepper, extra virgin olive oil, edamame
1. Rinse and drain thawed edamame.
2. With motor running on food processor, drop in 2 garlic cloves to mince.
3. Next, add edamame to processor and process until somewhat smooth, stopping to scrape down the side of the bowl as necessary.
4. Add in the lemon juice, tahini, and water and process again until smooth. 5. Add salt to taste along with optional cayenne pepper and ground coriander. Process again