For the next 12 days leading up to Christmas, we will be posting 1 new Gluten Free recipe each day. These are perfect appetizers, finger foods, or simple dishes to take to holiday parties (or even make just for yourself!). Enjoy!
Chewy Ginger Cookies (Gluten, Sugar, and Egg-Free)
- 2 cups = 480 ml almond flour
- 3 tablespoons erythritol crystals
- 1 tablespoon ground organic ginger
- 40 drops vanilla stevia
- 4 oz = 115 g cream cheese
- Preheat the oven to 250 °F or slightly lower (100 °C).
- In a large bowl, mix the almond flour, erythritol and ginger.
- Add the vanilla stevia drop by drop, so that the drops are well apart from each other.
- Add the cream cheese, mix and knead until smooth.
- Divide the dough in 4 – 5 pieces. Take one piece at a time for handling. You can keep the rest of the dough in the fridge.
- Place the piece of dough on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and place another parchment paper on the dough.
- Roll out the dough until it is approximately 1/5 inch (0.5 cm) thick, remove the topmost parchment paper and cut out cookies using your preferred cookie cutter.
- Transfer the cookies with a spatula or cheese slicer to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for some 30 minutes, or until golden brown but not too brown.
- Let cool completely on the parchment paper.
- Glaze with low carb lemon glaze if you like.
- 1/2 cup = 120 ml powdered erythritol
- 1 tablespoon egg white powder
- 1 – 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed organic lemon juice
- 10 drops liquid stevia
- In a small bowl, combine the powdered erythritol, egg white powder, 1 tablespoon lemon juice and the stevia and stir until smooth.
- Add more lemon juice drop by drop if you prefer thinner consistency.
- Apply the glaze on completely cooled cookies with a spoon or a tip of a knife.
- Place the cookies on a plate or cooling rack and let the glaze dry and harden for several hours, preferably overnight. The glazed cookies shouldn’t touch each other.
- Store the possible leftover glaze in an airtight container in the fridge. Use within a couple of days. Remember: the fresher, the better.