For the 12 days leading up to Christmas, we will be posting 1 new Gluten Free recipe a day. These are perfect as an appetizer, finger foods, or simple dishes to take to holiday parties (or even make just for yourself!). Enjoy!
- 12 large button mushrooms
- ½ cup cooked quinoa
- 2 slices turkey bacon
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped white onion
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons vegetable or chicken broth
- 1/8- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 T cream cheese
- 4 tablespoons shredded parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Remove stems from mushrooms and set aside.
- Cook quinoa according to package directions.
- Coat a small pan with 1 teaspoon olive oil and add the onions. Sauté on medium heat for 3-4 minutes until softened. Add the cooked quinoa, broth and garlic powder and cook for another 3-4 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, let cool a bit, then transfer to a small bowl and then stir in the cream cheese.
- Place the mushrooms on a baking sheet and divide/add the filling to them. Bake for 15 minutes, until starting to brown. Remove from oven top with parmesan cheese, and bake for another 2-3 minutes until cheese is melted and lightly toasted.
Makes 12 servings
Serving size: 1 mushroom Calories 40 Protein 2 g Carb 3 g Fiber 0 g Sugars 1 g Fat 2.5 g Saturated fat 1 g Sodium 85 mg