For the 12 days leading up to Christmas, we will be posting 1 new Gluten Free recipe a day. These are perfect as an appetizer, finger foods, or simple dishes to take to holiday parties (or even make just for yourself!). Enjoy!
- 1 1/2 cups cooked quinoa (3/4 cup dry)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 small onion, diced
- 1 cup 2% mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 1/2 oz turkey pepperoni, – diced
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 2/3 cup pizza sauce, for dipping
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Spray a mini cupcake tin with olive oil.
- Mix together all ingredients, except pizza sauce, in a medium mixing bowl. Distribute mixture into muffin tin, filling each cup to the top and press down gently to compact. Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool 2-3 minutes before serving.
Yield: 24 quinoa bites.
Nutrition Information (per bite, with pizza sauce): 51 calories; 1.9 g. fat; 22 mg. cholesterol; 143 mg. sodium; 4.9 g. carbohydrate; 0.5 g. fiber; 3.6 g. protein