For the 12 days leading up to Christmas, we will be posting 1 new Gluten Free recipe a day. These are perfect as an appetizer, finger foods, or simple dishes to take to holiday parties (or even make just for yourself!). Enjoy!
- 6 green tomatoes, sliced about 1/2 inch thick
- 3/4 cup Honeyville Blanched Almond Flour (If you only have almond meal, I would buzz in food processor to make it finer)
- 2 tsp. Old Bay Lemon and Herb Seasoning (or any spicy seasoning mix; use more or less to taste)
- 2 eggs, beaten well
- 1/2 cup Ranch Dressing (I confess I love the Ranch mix in a package that you mix with buttermilk)
- 1-2 tsp. Sriracha Rooster Sauce (start with 1 tsp. and taste to see if you want it more spicy)
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C. Spray a baking sheet with non-stick spray.
- Cut the tomatoes into slices about 1/2 inch thick. Beat the eggs in a small bowl. In another bowl, mix the almond flour and Old Bay Seasoning. Remove and save half of the almond flour mixture, so you can work with two batches.
- Dip both sides of each tomato slice into the egg and then into the almond flour mixture, using the fork or your fingers to press the almond mixture on to the tomato slice so it sticks. Place each tomato on the baking sheet after it’s coated with the almond flour mixture.
- Bake tomatoes 35-40 minutes, turning carefully once. While the tomatoes bake, mix together the ranch dressing and Sriracha sauce to make the dipping sauce. The baked tomatoes are done when the almond mixture is lightly browned on each side and tomatoes are cooked through. Serve hot.