For the 12 days leading up to Christmas, we will be posting 1 new Gluten Free recipe a day. These are perfect as an appetizer, finger foods, or simple dishes to take to holiday parties (or even make just for yourself!). Enjoy!
- 2 small avocados
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1 tbsp arrowroot or tapioca – flour
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silpat.
- Cut the avocados in half, remove the pit, and peel them. Cut them into lengthwise slices.
- In a shallow bowl, mix the vegetable broth and flour. In another shallow bowl, mix the cornmeal, paprika and salt.
- Dip an avocado slice into the broth mixture, then dip it into the cornmeal. Coat the avocado slice with cornmeal, patting it gently to make sure the cornmeal sticks, and lay it on the baking sheet. Repeat with remaining slices.
- Bake for 22-25 minutes, until the cornmeal is lightly browned and crispy. Serve hot with a marinara dipping sauce, or another sauce you adore.