- 2 – 16 ounce packages of frozen petite peas divided (do not thaw)
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups o sliced shallots (approximately 11 ounces)
- 4 cups or more of vegetable broth
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon divided
- Plain, nonfat yogurt, stirred
- Small fresh pea sprouts
- Place 1 cup of peas in microwave-safe bowl, set aside
- Heat oil in heavy, large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add shallots and saute until golden and almost tender (approximately 7 minutes)
- Add remaining peas, 4 cups of broth, and 2 tablespoons of tarragon. Bring to a boil
- Reduce heat to medium and boil until flavors blend and peas are tender (about another 7 minutes). Cool slightly.
- Working in batches, puree soup in blender until completely smooth. Return soup to same saucepan. Bring to simmer and thin with more broth by 1/4 cupfuls, if desired. Stir in remaining 1 tablespoon of tarragon. Season with pepper.
- Cook reserved 1 cup of peas in microwave until warm, approximately 1 minute.
- Ladle soup into 6 bowls. Drizzle lightly with yogurt and sprinkle whole peas over. Garnish with pea sprouts.