- 1 banana, finely mashed
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup (or other liquid sweetener)*
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 6 tbsp cocoa powder, sifted
- 1.5 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 tbsp chia seeds (optional)
- small pinch of fine grain sea salt, to taste
1. In a medium mixing bowl, mash the banana until most of the clumps are gone. Stir in the melted coconut oil, maple syrup, and vanilla.
2. Sift in the cocoa powder and stir until combined. Now stir in the coconut, optional chia seeds, and fine grain sea salt to taste.
3. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a non-stick mat. Scoop rounds onto the sheet. Place sheet in the freezer for around 20 minutes, or until macaroons are firm. Store in the freezer until ready to enjoy. They will soften at room temperature.
Note: 1/4 cup pure maple syrup results in a lightly sweet macaroon. Feel free to adjust the sweetener to your own taste buds, especially because some cocoa powders may be stronger than others.