Roasted Edamame Salad
Here’s a summer salad that’s packed with protein and tastes great. Finally, my wife’s obsession with the Food Network pays off! Seriously though, I really like this thing and I think you will too.
This recipe belongs to Alton Brown. It only takes 15 minutes to make and serves four. Try it and let me know how you like it:
- 12 ounces fresh or frozen shelled edamame, about 2 cups
- 1/2 cup fresh corn kernels, about 2 ears of corn
- 1/4 cup finely diced scallion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup chopped fresh tomato
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Place the edamame, corn, scallion, garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper into a 13 by 9 metal pan and stir to combine. Place on the middle rack of the oven and roast for 10 to 15 minutes, just until the edamame begins to brown. Remove from the oven and place in the refrigerator until completely cool, approximately 30 minutes.
Add the tomato, basil and vinegar to the edamame mixture and toss to combine. Taste and adjust seasoning, as desired. Serve chilled or at room temperature.