- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed well
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large cucumber, cut into 1/4 inch pieces
- 1 pint of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2/3 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mint
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- Bring quinoa, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, and 1 1/4 cup of water to a boil in a medium sized saucepan over high heat. Reduced heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until quinoa is tender (approximately 10 mins)
- Remove from heat and let stand, covered, for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork
- Meanwhile, whisk lemon juice, and garlic in a small bowl. Gradually whisk in olive oil. Season dressing to taste with salt and pepper
- Spread out quinoa on a large rimmed baking sheet, and let cool.
- Transfer it to a large bowl and mix in 1/4 cup of dressing.
- Add cucumber, tomatoes, herbs, and scallions to bowl with quinoa. Toss to coat.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Drizzle remaining dressing over it all.