Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 30 mins
Total time: 35 mins
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1¼ cup vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon whole grain mustard
- 1.5 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 lemon, juiced, divided
- 2 zucchini, peeled, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 pound asparagus, woody ends discarded, remainder cut in half
- ¼ cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 scallion, chopped
- Heat ½ tablespoon vegetable oil in a pot. Add quinoa and toast over medium heat 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add salt to taste. Add vegetable broth, bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer covered 15-20 minutes or until cook through.
- In a pan heat remaining vegetable oil and add zucchini. Cook 3-5 minutes tossing occasionally and add asparagus. Cook 3-4 minutes or until slightly soft but still crisp.Add garlic and cook 1 minute.
- In a separate bowl combine mustard, balsamic vinegar, and lemon juice. Mix until smooth.
- Add quinoa to pan with veggies along with dressing and walnuts. Mix until smooth.
- Serve warm.