- florets from 3 small heads broccoli
- 2 TBS + 1/3 c. olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 large bunch of Tuscan kale (cavolo nero)
- 4 anchovy fillets
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 large egg yolks
- juice from 1/2 medium lemon (about 1 TBS of juice)
- 1/4 c. fresh parsley leaves
- 1/4 c. grated or flaked parmesan cheese (use a vegetable peeler to create large parmesan flakes)
- 1 c. croutons, preferably homemade
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Toss broccoli florets with the 2 TBS olive oil and the salt until fully coated, then spread on a baking sheet and roast for 20-25 minutes or until tender and beginning to brown on edges, stirring once to prevent burning.
- Wash kale, shake dry, and slice leaves away from tough center ribs. Discard ribs and tear kale into bite-sized pieces. Place in a large bowl with the roasted broccoli.
- In a food processor, combine anchovies, garlic, egg yolks, and lemon juice and blend until smooth. With the machine running, slowly drizzle in remaining 1/3 c. olive oil. Dressing should be thick and creamy. Add the parsley and pulse a few times just to break up the herbs (but not to fully blend). Pour the dressing on the salad and toss to fully coat kale. Let sit for 10 minutes to allow kale to become more tender. Sprinkle each plate with cheese flakes and croutons just before serving. Dressed salad (without croutons) will keep for 1-2 days in the fridge.