- 1 spaghetti squash, halved lengthwise, seeded
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups of chopped tomatoes
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 3 tablespoons sliced black olives
- 2 tablespoons chopped basil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, lightly grease a baking sheet
- Place spaghetti squash (cut sides down) on the prepared baking sheet, and bake 30 minutes, or until a sharp knife can be inserted with only a little resistance.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Saute onions in oil until tender. Add garlic, and saute for 2-3 minutes. Stir in the tomatoes, and cook only until tomatoes are warm.
- Use a large spoon to scoop the stringy pulp from the squash and place in a bowl. Toss with a sauteed vegetables, feta cheese, olives and basil. Serve warm
Recipe makes 6 servings