- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon thai fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon sake
- 1/2 teaspoon tobanjan
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
- about 10 shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 4 scallions, roughly chopped
- 2 small carrots, cut into small strips
- 2 cups (full), spinach, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1 box thin rice noodles (8.8oz/250grams
- Bring a pot of water to boil. When the water is boiling, turn off the heat and add the rice noodles. Cover and leave for 5 minutes. Drain the noodles and rinse with cold water. Brain well and put them in a large bowl. Add sesame oil and mic with your hands a few times. Grab a pain or scissors and cut the noodles into shorter pieces.
- In a small bowl, mix soy sauce, fish sauce, sake, and tobanjan together. Set aside.
- In a wok or deep skilletover high heat, add vegetable oil, garlic, onions and carrots. Cook for a few minutes until onions are clear and sogt. Then add mushrooms, scallions and spinach. Cook for 2 minutes, pour the sauce and add rice noodles and sesame seeds. Cook for another minute, until the noodles are hot. Serve immediately.